Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sweet Home Colorado


After locking the keys inside the Penske truck and losing the debit card inside of the emergency break console while trying to pay for the deposit on my apartment (I have never been more thankful for tweezers or my mom and sister at that point!), I have moved to Colorado!

Since moving here, I have started setting up my classroom. Granted, it doesn't look like it, but I have at least started. I'm in the process of organizing my classroom library by theme. As a first year teacher, you'd think that I would be able to do that in about an hour or so since I wouldn't have that many materials. But fortunately, I have had so many books given to me! I figure since I am starting with a blank canvas of a classroom, I might as well start off on a well organized foot! I'm entering all the books into a spreadsheet so that I can easily find a book when I need it. It is a goal of mine to keep these books organized, especially since I now know how time consuming the whole process is. (Hopefully saying it on here will keep me accountable! We shall see...)

I'm so thankful to have moved to an area that I am already pretty familiar with. (For those of you who don't know, I did my second portion of student teaching here.) It has lightened the stress. I have already had a wonderful dinner with another teacher and her family, ate lunch with two different sets of college friends passing through, and have been camping with Megan and her family at Golden Gate Canyon State Park. The last two weeks have flown by!

Megan and I live exactly 40 minutes apart now. Today she had an interview to get into nursing school and tomorrow she leaves for Guatemala on a mission trip with her mom and sister! This girl with so many talents and a big heart for God and others is going to do great things. Please keep her in your prayers! 
This Kansas girl has a great appreciation for these beautiful mountains! Kansas should really look into getting some :)



No comments:

Post a Comment