Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Grand Finale to Summer

Monday marks the official day teachers will return to school to begin making preparations for the upcoming school year. Thankfully, this week has turned out to be a grand finale to the summer!

On Monday, Kara asked if I wanted to join her and her kiddos on a morning trip to the Denver Botanic Gardens. And boy, I'm sure glad she did! It was BEAUTIFUL! The flowers. The weather. The company. The glass sculptures by Chihuly. EVERYTHING!








On Tuesday, I worked up at school for a bit. 

Do you see the resemblance?
 

We start the school year with 2 half days in a row. I have some fun things planned for the first day involving a Pete the Cat hunt around the school, but on the second half day we will be doing some pigeon activities. After reading the book, the students will be asked to decide if they would let the pigeon join our class. Then they will draw and write about it. As a large group, we'll graph their answers.


Wednesday-Friday, I stayed in Beaver Creek near Avon, Colorado, where my Aunt Linda and her friends were vacationing. It was fantastic to be with family and friends in such a gorgeous place. We went ATVing, saw a movie, ate delicious food, watched a little of the Golden Girls, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery that surrounded us. I'm so thankful they let me tag along. I truly enjoyed it!







Please excuse our helmet hair :)


LOOK AT THAT VIEW! 



No comments:

Post a Comment