Saturday, January 18, 2014

Something to Celebrate

To celebrate the lunar new year, the PTO threw the teachers a party as a way of saying thank you.

The female teachers preformed a dance.


Students preformed a variety of acts.

I found my mini-me. (It's Jenny under there. She was one of the students I got to know very well when I was here this past summer.)
Chris was a student of mine in the summer program. (You may remember him as the "If You're Happy and You Know It" boy!) I also have him in my pre-grade class this semester. His English has come so far compared to when I taught him last July. 

 Although I taught this past week, this coming week marks my official start as the pre-grade teacher. We have a week of school and then we have two weeks off for the Chinese New Year. I am thankful for two weeks off so that I can do some long term planning. I'm especially anxious to plan a project that I will be doing with my mom's class. It's awesome to think that two classes in different parts of the world are going to be connected. I'm very excited to introduce the project to my class of 4, 5, and 6 year old students on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment