Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Arrival in Shenzhen

Hello!  
     I have arrived in Shenzhen! I have moved into my apartment and am on the verge of conquering jet lag. Since I have arrived, which was about 48 hours ago, plans have changed. I originally thought I was going to be teaching first through third grade EFL. But, after some shuffling of teachers, I will be taking over one of the pre-grade classes which is equivalent to kindergarten in America. This means I will not just be teaching English, but also math, social studies, and science.
     Today was spent getting to know the students in my class and the routine they currently have. The semester at BCIS does not end until the 16th. This means that I have the time in-between now and then to be a sponge - watching and observing the current teacher as much as possible so that I can make this transition as easy as possible on the young students. I am very thankful that I have this time with the current teacher of the class. She has been VERY informative and it was only the first day! What a blessing! Thankfully, she is just moving to another grade and will still be at BCIS so I will have her as a mentor.
     It was great seeing a lot of the students we had in summer camp. Not one of them knew I was returning to Shenzhen, so the look of confusion on their face was priceless! It was also nice to see some familiar faces of people I had met this past summer at the school. (Even the cook, who does not speak English, recognized me and knew I would want toast with peanut butter for breakfast!!)

Please keep me and my soon-to-be students in your prayers as we transition into this new semester.

Molly-Ann

(Also, many of you have asked for my address. If you are interested, please send me an email at molly-ann.wells@cune.org or message me on Facebook and I will give it to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment