Saturday, June 7, 2014

Friendship

Planning 8 days worth of sub plans was totally worth the week I had in the states.

I was able to see nearly all of the people I care about the most! As soon as I stepped foot off the plane, I was greeted by mom, Maggie, Uncle Tom, Aunt Kelly, and my cousins Thomas and Blaize! We then went to Grandpa Hopper’s house for ice cream sundaes….my family knows me so well J



On Monday, I made my way to Seward to move out of my house. I am so thankful for the help of my family in Utica! They loaded my furniture on a trailer and are storing it for me until I move to Colorado in August. I don’t know what I would have done without their help!

From there, I took I-80 to North Platte to celebrate wedding week with Myria! Throughout the week, we ran a few errands here and there, tied up some loose ends that needed to be completed before the wedding, had a bachelorette party, etc. but never would I have imagined a bride to be so relaxed and calm the week leading up to her wedding! Myria did such a fantastic job planning this wedding that I don’t think a single thing went wrong.
(Everyone should check out Michelle Kristine Photography! http://michellekristine.com )
The flowers matched perfectly.
There weren’t any bridezilla moments.
No one tripped down the isle.
Myria looked stunning.
Only happy tears were shed.

Everything was…wonderful!
Best of all, Christ was at the center the entire time.

The wedding celebration was also a specific date as to when our circle of friends would see each other. But at the end of the night, as we all said goodbye to each other and exchanged hugs it started to dawn on me that I don’t know when the next time will be that I see some of my closest friends. I suppose it’s all part of growing up.

The past week in the states was a reminder of how blessed I am for the friendships I made at St. Paul, Tonganoxie, Concordia, and now BCIS.
(Please excuse my sleepy jet lag eyes! hehe)
Jourdan's high school graduation party/Jourdan's college graduation party












God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment