Thursday, May 15, 2014

Worms, Giggles, and Gratitude

In a week from Saturday, I will return to the good ol' U. S. of A. to celebrate the wedding of one of my dearest friends. I'm in the process of writing plans for my substitute and getting excited to spend some time with the people I love most. Everyday that I'm here in China I'm reminded of how fortunate I am. Fortunate to have had parents that I was able to see every night growing up, not a nanny. Fortunate to have friends and family who make the effort to stay in contact with me despite the 13 to 14 hour time difference. Fortunate to live in a country that has so many freedoms and allows me to browse Facebook and use Google without having a VPN. Fortunate to have not just a job, but a Call when I return in July. Fortunate to know and have a relationship with Jesus Christ, where I will one day be able to meet my Savior and see both my dad and my grandmas again!

Although I called my mom yesterday, complaining to her about all of the student loans I will soon begin to start paying since my 6th month grace period is coming to an end and how the humidity is at 100%, there are still so many things I can be grateful for. Praise God from whom all blessings flow for that! 


To end, I must leave you with a few quotes from my students and a video...

  • As we are walking to music class and a big boom of thunder sounded, a student yells, "Jesus is coming!"
  • "This is a bunk bus!" (He was referring to a double decker bus we had drawn after we had talked about bunk beds...pretty clever, huh?)
  • "Miss Wells, Jesus died on a plus!" 

This is what happens when you give 18 kindergarteners each a worm.... Click Here (At least they are speaking English!)








No comments:

Post a Comment