Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Day in Macau

As the title of this post indicates, yesterday was spent in the city of Macau. I have no other way of describing the day other than phenomenal. Four other teachers and myself went into the day with little to no expectations. We just knew that we wanted to explore the city of Macau. (Prior to yesterday, I knew nothing about Macau!)
After riding the subway for about an hour and then floating away on a ferry for another hour, we arrived in the city of Macau. From there, everything unfolded so neatly. I'm not even sure how to explain the day in words...
So, I'll use photos!
For those of you like myself who were not blessed with geography skills, this gives you an idea of where I live (Shenzhen)  and where we travelled to (Macao).



Ruins of St.Paul's Cathedral



We saw beautiful, unique trees!

My Grandma Hopper LOVED the beauty of trees. Although these don't portray gorgeous colored leaves, their beauty comes from their unique trunks.
(This could make an interesting topic for a devotion/Bible study...hmmmm.)

We were able to admire nature's charm AND some incredible man made architecture.

A different view of St. Paul.


We were able to ride cable cars to reach the top of a hill where a light house and remains of another fortress were.



This is my attempt of trying to be artsy with my photos.


U.S.A. lock


"Little Bock" 

To end the day, we were greeted with a wonderful view of the ocean. At that point, my heart was singing. It was the end to a nearly perfect day.




No comments:

Post a Comment