Monday, February 3, 2014

MORE Chinese New Year Festivities

On Thursday night, we celebrated by making our very own traditional Chinese meal of dumplings! (When I made them with my class, the dumpling filling and noodle part were already made. We just assembled them. This time we made everything!)


At midnight, there were fireworks galore. Living on the 18th floor of a building allows you to be higher than the fireworks and get a bird's eye view. 

The following day we crossed the border to Hong Kong to see the Cathay Pacific night parade that was downtown. Thousands of people attended. We were surrounded by people from all over the world. The parade definitely was not the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but it was entertaining and I'm glad we went. 
















I'm enjoying the experience of living in a culture so very different from my own. I'm learning a lot of new things, but I'm also gaining a new appreciation for what I have back home in the states. For my home back in Kansas/Nebraska and for my new home here, I'm very grateful and beyond blessed to be able to share my adventure with you!





No comments:

Post a Comment