Sunday, March 2, 2014

No Problem!


Small rips.
Lines cut jaggedly.
Coloring slightly outside of the lines.
Accidental pencil marks on the table.

Sometimes I wonder if I have 18 little perfectionists in my classroom. They come to me so nervous, thinking I'll be upset. But, I just look at them with a smile and say, "No problem!" and then I help them fix whatever seemed like such a huge problem in their eyes.

It's funny how we all have different perspectives on sizes of problems.

For the 18 five and six year olds I spend most of my time with, their "big" problems range from a friend saying something mean to them (and it's usually in Chinese so I have no idea when it happens...) or they made the letter "b"when they wanted it to be a "d".

For me and a lot of others my age, we are struggling with the uncertainty of what next year will bring in terms of our careers. As college is over, we have to begin thinking about interviews and where it is we want to start this next chapter of our lives. I guess you could say it's an exciting problem to have.

For those of us over the age of five, it generally takes a lot more than a person saying, "No problem!" and a flash of their pearly whites for us to feel comfortable or at ease with whatever problem we are going through.

Thankfully, we have a God who we can express all our worries or concerns to and he says, "No problem!" EVERY TIME and genuinely means it. Whatever we are facing, it's truly no problem for our God.

I hope that this will be a reminder for you, and myself, that everything works out according to God's will. Pray about your problem and know that God is listening to whatever you have on your heart, for there's not a problem too large for him to help you through.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Here are some pictures and videos to give you an idea of what my past few weeks have been like!

One of the Valentine's Day activities!

We learned how to play Tic-Tac-Toe! They loved saying the name of the game.

We made Valentine's for our parents and their previous teacher who moved to the middle school department.

On the 100th day of school, they used 100 sunflower seeds to count, group, and make pictures!



This was the most functional class picture I could get... but they are wearing their 100th day of school hats!

Last night we went bowling for Andrew's birthday! 







No comments:

Post a Comment