Saturday, April 26, 2014

Snails, Easter, and an update.

SNAILS...

A couple of weeks ago I asked our resource person to order my class some snails for our science unit. We didn't just get some snails, we got a large sum of snails. Seventeen, fairly large, snails became the newest members of Classroom 2.1.


Not that taking care of snails is difficult, but after a few escapees and the daily occurrence of a student dropping the snail, I was grateful the unit only lasted a week. 






























The students' opinion differed from mine...

"We let the snils go. But I'm littel bet sad."

EASTER...

Celebrating Easter was a very new idea for my students. 


Miss Wendy's first time dying eggs!
We didn't end up going on an actual egg hunt, but they searched for sight words around the room written on Easter eggs!

We even had some Easter fun during math!

Not only was dying eggs new to my students, but so was the story of Jesus. With Wendy's help translating, we shared the true meaning of Easter with the students. It's a week later, but they are still asking questions about Jesus and how they can meet him someday. My prayer is that their curiosity will continue.

To end the day, we watch an Easter video and enjoyed popcorn and jelly beans! 

To celebrate Christ's resurrection, myself and several other teachers went to Hong Kong for the day and attended a beautiful service at Church of All Nations. 

Afterwards, we had a nice lunch together!



...AND AN UPDATE.

I know I say it often, but I can't believe how fast my time here in Shenzhen has gone. Only seven weeks of school remain. I'm flying home the last week in May to be in one of my best friend's wedding, but then I will return to finish out the school year and teach a three week summer class. The next few months are going to be even more hectic than the prior few months, but I'm looking forward to what's ahead! 








No comments:

Post a Comment